Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Manolo Blahnik for Liberty London launching Fashion Night Out

My shoes are special shoes for discerning feet. _Manolo Blahnik
I really try my best not to turn Au Courant into a fashion blog. What I often choose to publish in the world of fashion are ad campaigns and collaborations. To see distinctive talent come together and form something unique is always impressive and cutting-edge. That being said, I have to admit I wasn't a fan of the collaborations between H&M and Karl Lagerfeld, Jimmy Choo and I'm not excited about Lanvin. Haute couture is haute couture for a reason. I don't think it should be mixed with a regular clothing brand and launched into the mass market...
_Now for collaborations that DO make sense. Manolo Blahnik for the iconic Liberty of London. Their collaboration was announced months ago but the collection is finally becoming available on Thursday in London for Fashion Night Out. Here are two prestigious brands that know their worth. Blahnik sourced through the famous Liberty fabric print archives to create an exclusive collection for the store. The collaboration also features candles, notecards, pillows and scarves.
_Liberty London. View their website here. [LEFT]
_Manolo Blahnik exclusive collection for Liberty London. View the full collection here. [RIGHT]