Sunday, September 5, 2010

MARC JACOBS by Robert Duffy for Interview Magazine and BOOKMARC Store Opening

DUFFY: What is currently turning you on, whether it be musically, visually, or sexually?
JACOBS: [...] I've been looking at a lot of interior magazines. I find gorgeous rooms to be extremely arousing at the moment.
DUFFY: It was nice talking to you. I hope we don't sound as much like valley girls in print as we do in person.
JACOBS: You know me. I'm so valley.
_Love Marc. If you've seen the Marc Jacobs/Louis Vuitton documentary, you'll probably agree he's today's Andy Warhol. Neurotic but brilliant. When I read the interview (conducted by friend and President of Marc Jacobs, Robert Duffy) I imagined him speaking in Warhol's voice. Two years ago Marc Jacobs actually did a spread for Interview Magazine as Andy Warhol (see it here). The magazine itself was founded by the artist in 1969. I think everyone has respect for drug addict/alcoholics who are able to get sober... Marc Jacobs was able to do it while running his own international fashion line and holding the Creative Director title at Louis Vuitton. [TOP]
_In the interview, you will read about Bookmarc, Marc Jacobs' first bookstore which opened Friday night in New York. Costumers can find everything from inexpensive branded Marc Jacobs school accessories to pricey collectible coffee table books like Kate Moss by Mario Testino for $700. I hope Bookmarc's next stop is Los Angeles! For pictures of Bookmarc and more info, click here.
_Photo of Marc Jacobs by Terry Richardson 2008 to celebrate the launch of The Stephen Sprouse Book by Rizzoli. [MIDDLE]
_Marc Jacobs is also on the cover of this Fall's V Magazine alongside Lagy Gaga. View the cover by Mario Testino here.